The group is part of the Proteomics Center, a facility belonging to the University of Padova and to the University Hospital. We apply mass spectrometry-based quantitative approaches (SILAC, pulsed-SILAC, iTRAQ/TMT, Dimethyl labeling, Label free quantification) for the analysis of proteomes, phosphoproteomes, interactomes and for the characterization of proteins, their post-translational modifications (PTMs) and their synthesis and degradation rates. More recently we started to work on the analysis of small molecules and metabolomes. The development of new MS-based analytical methods is an important part of our work. We collaborate with many Italian and international groups on a large variety of biochemical and biomedical projects.
5 recent publications
- Re-evaluation of protein kinase CK2 pleiotropy: new insights provided by a phosphoproteomics analysis of CK2 knockout cells. Franchin C, Borgo C, Cesaro L, Zaramella S, Vilardell J, Salvi M, Arrigoni G, Pinna LA. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017 Nov 9. doi: 10.1007/s00018-017-2705-8.
- A proteomic approach for the identification of biomarkers in endometrial cancer uterine aspirate. Ura B, Monasta L, Arrigoni G, Franchin C, Radillo O, Peterlunger I, Ricci G, Scrimin F. Oncotarget. 2017 Nov 30;8(65):109536-109545. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.22725.
- Generation and quantitative proteomics analysis of CK2α/α'(-/-) cells. Borgo C, Franchin C, Scalco S, Bosello-Travain V, Donella-Deana A, Arrigoni G, Salvi M, Pinna LA. Sci Rep. 2017 Feb 17;7:42409. doi: 10.1038/srep42409.
- HMGA1 regulates the Plasminogen activation system in the secretome of breast cancer cells. Resmini G, Rizzo S, Franchin C, Zanin R, Penzo C, Pegoraro S, Ciani Y, Piazza S, Arrigoni G, Sgarra R, Manfioletti G. Sci Rep. 2017 Sep 18;7(1):11768. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-11409-4.
- Circulating myeloid calcifying cells have antiangiogenic activity via thrombospondin-1 overexpression. Menegazzo L, Albiero M, Millioni R, Tolin S, Arrigoni G, Poncina N, Tessari P, Avogaro A, Fadini GP. FASEB J. 2013 Nov;27(11):4355-65. doi: 10.1096/fj.12-223719.